In the first decades of the twentieth century, Burlington photographers C.H. Bessey and B. Benton Barker captured views of the city and its residents for souvenir publications. Presented here are a few of the Llewellyn Collection's numerous postcards by Barker and Bessey. Both began producing postcards within a few years of an 1898 United States law allowing privately published postcards. In their earliest cards, wide borders provide room for handwritten messages; the backs were devoted to the recipient’s address. Full-bleed images (running edge to edge) were made possible after 1907, when postcard backs were first divided into spaces for the address and message.